Name:
Location: Illinois, United States

The days are just packed. Every day is an adventure. Life is good.

Friday, December 24, 2004

Christmas Eve Eve

It's the day before Christmas Eve. I'm actually more excited about today than I think I will be about tomorrow. No work tomorrow and I get to sleep late. Today was pretty easy knowing that I'll have along weekend. Yesterday our team leader took us to lunch at La Mex. I had the combination fajitas. I ordered a large mushroom and cheese pizza from Rosati's for lunch today. I usually get a slice on Fridays but since I don't work tomorrow I got a whole pizza for the boys and me. We watched "The Lord of The Rings- Fellowship Of The Ring." It was very good. It was probably great on the big screen. The scenery was beautiful. Last night we watched "Hidalgo." The same guy was in both movies - Viggo Mortensen. I might have to read the books. I finished reading "Sacred Hoops" by Phil Jackson and was able to get his new book "The Last Season - A Team In Search Of Its Soul" He has the best winning record in NBA history 832-316 amazing. That's the thing about reading it leads you on new paths to other books and other things to read. I may actually pick up more biographies next year and I'm on a basketball book kick now that I'm coaching. I have "The Winner Within" autographed first edition by Pat Riley that I may have to read next. I also have a book about 'Michael Jordan and the world he made' a first edition of "Playing For Keeps" by David Halberstam. I've never read any of his books but I've met him twice and have other books autographed by him. Looking forward to Christmas Eve at my sisters and then Christmas morning with the boys opening their gifts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter script