Name:
Location: Illinois, United States

The days are just packed. Every day is an adventure. Life is good.

Saturday, December 18, 2004

Thirteen

My oldest son turns thirteen tomorrow, a teenager. After a half day of school he had about 15 of his classmates over for a birthday get together. His Mom put out a nice spread of appetizers and made some punch. It was still nice enough for them to spend some time outside and a nice way to start his Christmas break. His Grandma, Aunt and Cousin came over about 4:00 p.m. At 7:00 p.m. both boys had basketball practice at different schools. After practice there were more birthday festivities until almost midnight. It was great sleeping in this morning. It's getting cold and starting to snow. Tomorrow it's suppose to be really cold with the high only 20 degrees. While eating breakfast I watched our backyard squirrel munch on our Halloween pumpkin. I put it in the backyard on the patio for him to eat and he's feasting. His little mouth really moves fast when he's chomping on those pumpkin seeds. He sticks his head all the way in to get more. Last week I finished reading "The Traveler's Gift" by Andy Andrews. Right now I'm reading "Sacred Hoops" by Phil Jackson the former Chicago Bull's coach. I've postponed my exam until the end of January so I don't get stressed out for the holidays. It's helped. My youngest son has a basketball game tomorrow afternoon at 5:00 p.m. so I probably won't blog tomorrow. I'm gonna try and blog everyday next year - yeah right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter script