Name:
Location: Illinois, United States

The days are just packed. Every day is an adventure. Life is good.

Sunday, October 31, 2004

Twelfth

This is my twelfth post. What a weird word. I had to look it up to make sure I 'spelt' (spelled it) right. Spelt is actually a word - : a wheat with lax spikes and spikelets containing two light red kernels. Two of the dictionaries I checked didn't even have the spelling for twelfth. With an "elf" in the middle. Thank goodness for the online dictionary www.webster.com Twelve times I've posted my random thoughts here, just under four thousand words so far. I was blog surfing again today and some people have posted thousands of times and up to 15-20 times a week. I keep thinking about posting from my weekday job but I'm always too busy - overworked and underpaid. There's plenty to grumble about there. It's an internet company and management would probably read it and call me into the office. They actually record everyone of our telephone calls. In the next few weeks we have to listen to some of our calls to make sure we are following the "scripts." Talk about micromanaging. I enjoy the job it's the moron bosses that I can't stand. That's why I'm such a big fan of Dilbert www.unitedmedia.com/comics/dilbert/ At least here on the weekends at the "Axiom Lounge" I have eight hours of unsupervised internet time to ramble on. Friday I brought a rubber rat to work and tried to scare some of my unsuspecting co-workers that walked past my cubicle, which is really a table that serves as my desk. I surprised a couple of them. I had a bowl with some Halloween candy - Milky Ways and Snickers. Last night we went to the annual Halloween Party at Arabian Knights Farms www.akfentertainment.com . It was a balmy fall evening and actually pretty humid. It was suppose to rain and didn't. Thank goodness. The boys had a great time. They have a big barn and disc jockey, hay rides, pony rides and moon walk. Tonight my sister had an impromptu Halloween Party for the cousins. Any excuse for a party. Today was one of the first Saturdays in a long time that I didn't have anything to do or any errands to run. I took a nice long nap. I watched the Fighting Illini get beat by Iowa. I just started reading the "Happy Isles of Oceania" by Paul Theroux. After reading "The Hotel Honolulu." I have to read some more of his adventures to places I will never have a chance to visit. He still has a lot of books I haven't read.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter script