Name:
Location: Illinois, United States

The days are just packed. Every day is an adventure. Life is good.

Saturday, October 23, 2004

Education vs. Experience

I just read a good quote by Pete Seeger - "Education is when you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't." It's getting harder for me to read the fine print.
I have to schedule a visit to the eye doctor soon. I'm taking my glasses off now when I read. I remember the good old days when I didn't need glasses. I remember when I first realized I needed them about eighteen years ago watching the Super Bowl at Ardmore Lounge. I tried on a friend's glasses and the picture was unbelievably clearer. That Monday I went to the eye doctor and I've had glasses/contacts ever since. All this time on the computer and all the reading is catching up. I'll have to start reading large print books soon. I hope not.

Last night I took the boys to a high school football game in Lombard - Glenbard East versus West Chicago. We went to watch their cousin in the marching band. She really enjoys being on the football field performing in front of everyone. It was a nice fall night. Glenbard East's team isn't very good but I think the boys enjoyed themselves eating nachos and Skittles and visiting with their cousins. Tomorrow is the championship game at Illinois Benedictine University. My oldest son had his last football practice of the year this morning in the mud. My other son had a get together with his team this afternoon. The candlelight ceremony where they pass the torch to the younger players and then they watched the football movie "Remember The Titans." www.imdb.com/title/tt0210945/ They really have a great group of coaches, all volunteers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter script