Name:
Location: Illinois, United States

The days are just packed. Every day is an adventure. Life is good.

Saturday, October 16, 2004

Forty Degrees

That's how cold it is right now while I'm writing this. We finally turned the heat on last week after the heating guy checked the furnace. We held out as long as possible. Football is almost over. My youngest son had his last practice this morning and his last game is tomorrow morning. If my oldest son's team wins they go to the championship and will have another week of practice. They are so lucky they get to play at Illinois Benedictine on the college's football field. The rain waited until their practice was over. It didn't rain long and then the sun came out. This past Monday, Columbus Day I called in for a personal day and we went to the Lake County Historical Museum www.lcfpd.org/discovery_museum/ and saw the special Walter Payton exhibit. It brought back some great memories. The Payton family donated a lot of his personal stuff for the exhibit. The film they showed "Ultimate Payton." I have it on video. I even had it autographed by Walter when it first came out. I took my boys to see him before they even knew who he was or what football was all about. They ever had their picture taken with him. On the way home we had lunch at the Culver's in Buffalo Grove. Thursday night we had a chance to meet another Chicago Bear from the Super Bowl team - Steve McMichael. He was signing his new book "Tales From The Chicago Bears Sideline." My boys got their picture taken with him. He was very personable. He holds the record for most games played and most consecutive games by a Chicago Bear. He was close friends with Dan Hampton who made it into the Football Hall of Fame. I finished his book in two days and it brought back some more great memories of that great team. I'm also finishing another Robert B. Parker book - "Shrink Rap" very believable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter script