Name:
Location: Illinois, United States

The days are just packed. Every day is an adventure. Life is good.

Friday, June 24, 2005

Heritage Fest

We went to Heritage Fest http://visitor.vil.downers-grove.il.us/fest/ with some of the boy's friends. We parked at Uncle Art's and walked over. He lives pretty close to downtown Downer's Grove. While my oldest son went off with his friend's. My youngest son and I had some pizza at Giordano's. http://www.giordanos.com/ They have the best stuffed crust pizza. It was much cooler inside. I talked to our waiter and asked him how the Fest affected business. He said because both the front and back streets were blocked it really hurt deliveries. I'm sure they did okay selling pizza slices at their booth right outside the restaurant. While we were eating I saw them bring about 50 pizzas to the booth. My oldest son got sick on one of the spinning rides and it put a damper on his fun. My youngest son went on the Ferris Wheel and in the Funhouse. We ran into Uncle Art and walked around with him for a while. When the fireworks started going off you should have seen all the bats or birds flying around. They woke them all up. We stayed until the fireworks were over and then drove everybody home. We ended up getting home about midnight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter script