Name:
Location: Illinois, United States

The days are just packed. Every day is an adventure. Life is good.

Friday, June 24, 2005

Inventing A Nation

Today I finished reading "Inventing A Nation: Washington, Adams, Jefferson" by Gore Vidal. I brought it along to finish on our trip out to Philadelphia. It was an interesting insight into the politics of the early founders of our nation. Nothing has changed in 200 years. I would have finished it earlier but I was too busy finishing "A Long Way Down" by Nick Hornby. "A Long Way Down" is about four different people who meet when they are all trying to commit suicide on New Year's Eve. Anyone who has considered suicide should read this book. It makes some good points. Whatever has led you to that point you should give it 90 days. It looks like the author has either contemplated suicide or really researched it. Things change if you give them time and life should be savored or you should look at it from someone else's perspective. I don't think I could ever consider suicide there's too many books left to read.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter script