Name:
Location: Illinois, United States

The days are just packed. Every day is an adventure. Life is good.

Saturday, June 11, 2005

Graduation

One of my niece's had her graduation party today. I can still remember when she was born. We went to the hospital to see her and I remember taking a bunch of pictures. When I went to get them developed I realized there was no film in the camera. Congratulations Pearl!

It was 30 years ago this month I graduated high school. Yikes! It's kind of a blur. Afterwards I remember staying out all night with my friends. We got stopped three separate times by the cops. They were a lot more lenient back then. Later on my folks had a graduation party for me in the basement. A friend Dave brought along 'Jack' - Jack Daniels. We had some celebratory shots and then we went out for rides on Jeff and Bruce's motorcycles. While racing Bruce went up on the sidewalk clipped his handlebar on a building. He messed up his hand pretty bad. The scrape mark is still on the building. I remember thinking I could walk his motorcycle home. Jack kept me from feeling much pain. I burnt my ankle on the motorcycle exhaust and still have the scar. I messed up one of my favorite shirts. Bruce got his hand fixed up at the hospital and I remember Jeff coming over for breakfast the next morning. I survived graduation. It's funny how those things pop in your head.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter script