Name:
Location: Illinois, United States

The days are just packed. Every day is an adventure. Life is good.

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Day Fourteen

When God Seems Distant

"The Lord has hidden himself from his people, but I trust him and place my hope in him."
- Isaiah 8:17

Lord why are you standing aloof and far away? Why do you hide when I need you most?
- Psalm 10:1

Why have you forsaken me? Why do you remain so distant? Why do you ignore my cries for help? - Psalm 22:1

Why have you abandoned me? - Psalm 43:2

I will never leave you nor forsake you. - Deuteronomy 31:8, Psalm 37:28, John 14:16-18, Hebrews 13:5

I go east, but he is not there. I go west, but I cannot find him. I do not see him in the north, for he is hidden. I turn to the south, but I cannot find him. But he knows where I am going. And when he has tested me like gold in a fire, he will pronounce me innocent. - Job 23:8-10

Then he fell to the ground in worship and said: 'Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I will depart. The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away; may the name of the Lord be praised.' - Job 1:20-21

I can't be quiet! I am angry and bitter. I have to speak! - Job 7:11

Oh, for the days when I was in my prime, when God's intimate friendship blessed my house.
- Job 29:4

I believed, so I said, I am completely ruined. - Psalm 116:10

Praise God that he is good and loving - Job 10:12

Praise God that he is all-powerful - Job 42:2, Job 37:5, Job 23

Praise God that he notices every detail of my life - Job 23:10, Job 31:4

Praise God that he is in control - Job 34:13

Praise God that he has a plan for my life - Job 23:14

Praise God that he will save me - Job 19:25

I have not departed from the commands of his lips; I have treasured the words of his mouth more than my daily bread. - Job 23:12

God may kill me, but still I will trust in him. - Job 13:15

Christ was without sin, but for our sake God made him share our sin in order that in union with him we might share the righteousness of God. - 2 Corinthians 5:21

DAY FOURTEEN

THINKING ABOUT MY PURPOSE

Point To Ponder: God is real, no matter how I feel.
Verse To Remember: "For God has said, ' I will never leave you; I will never abandon you.'"
Question To Consider: How can I stay focused on God's presence, especially when he feels distant?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter script