Name:
Location: Illinois, United States

The days are just packed. Every day is an adventure. Life is good.

Sunday, February 20, 2005

Day Twelve

Developing Your Friendship With God

"He offers his friendship to the godly." - Proverbs 3:32

"Draw close to God, and God will draw close to you." - James 4:8

because of God's grace, Jesus is the friend of sinners. - Matthew 11:19

You haven't been honest either with me or about me - not the way my friend Job has... My friend Job will now pray for you and I will accept his prayer. - Job 42:7b

Look, you tell me to lead this people but you don't let me know whom you are going to send with me... If I'm so special to you, let me in on your plans... Don't forget this is your people, your responsibility... If your presence doesn't take the lead here, call this trip off right now! How else will I know that you're with me in this, with me and your people? Are you traveling with us or not?... God said to Moses, 'All right. Just as you say; this I will also do for you, for I know you well and you are special to me. - Exodus 33:12-17

I pour out my complaints before him and tell him all my troubles. For I am overwhelmed. - Psalm 142:2-3a

You are my friends if you do what I command. - John 15:14

I have loved you even as the Father has loved me. Remain in my love. When you obey me, you remain in my love, just as I obey my father and remain in his love. I have told you this so that you will be filled with my joy. Yes, your joy will overflow! - John 15:9-11

What please the Lord more: burnt offerings and sacrifices or obedience to his voice? It is better to obey than to sacrifice. - 1 Samuel 15:22

This is my beloved Son, and I am fully pleased with him. - Matthew 3:17

He went back to Nazareth with them, and lived obediently with them. - Luke 2:51

The thing that has me so upset is that I care about you so much - this is the passion of God burning inside me! - 2 Corinthians 11:2

Passion for your house burns within me, so those who insult you are also insulting me.
- Psalm 69:9

The thing I seek most of all is the privilege of meditating in his Temple, living in his presence every day of my life, delighting in his incomparable perfections and glory. - Psalm 27:4

Your love means more than life to me. - Psalm 63:3

I will not let you go unless you bless me. - Genesis 32:26

My determined purpose is that I may know Him - that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly. - Philippians 3:10

When you get serious about finding me and want it more than anything else. I'll make sure you won't be disappointed. - Jeremiah 29:13

Some of these people have missed the most important thing in life - they don't know God.
- 1 Timothy 6:21a

DAY TWELVE

THINKING ABOUT MY PURPOSE

Point To Ponder: I am as close to God as I choose to be.
Verse To Remember: "Draw close to God, and God will draw close to you." - James 4:8a
Question To Consider: What practical choices will I make today in order to grow closer to God?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter script