Name:
Location: Illinois, United States

The days are just packed. Every day is an adventure. Life is good.

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Roger D. Meryett

Roger D. Meryett, 51, of Newbury Park, Calif., formerly of Lombard, died Tuesday, Sept. 4, in California.

Funeral services were held Tuesday, Sept. 11, at Knollcrest Funeral Home, 1500 S. Meyers Road, Lombard, with the Rev. Dave Armstrong of Elmhurst Christian Reformed Church officiating. Interment was private.

Mr. Meryett is survived by his mother, Virginia Meryett; wife, Carolann; children, Benjamin, Jacob and Emily; sisters, Debbie (Ed) Lawrence and Diana (Steve) Bell; and many nieces and nephews; brother-in-law to the "Hudeceks". He was preceded in death by his father, Roger H. Meryett.

Mr. Meryett had worked as a props maker for motion pictures.

One of my closest friends from high school passed away in his sleep Tuesday, September 4th, 2007. Another close friend called me up to let me know. Roger had been living in California for over 20 years and it's been a long time since I last saw him. We had many great memories driving around Villa Park. I saw some of our cardplaying friends at his visitation. After his service we all went to Aurelio's Pizza to catch up and remember Roger. I met his kids - Benjamin, Jacob and Emily at the visitation. This is from the card from his visitation service.

"Bring comfort to my heart I pray,
I've lost a dear, dear friend.
He understood and loved me,
with a love that will not end.
I'll carry it within me,
and give it all away,
to each of my own children
as I live with them each day.
And when my years
have been fulfilled,
my time on eart is gone,
the love he richly gave me,
will still be living on."


I met Roger at Calvary Church. He taught me how to play poker at one of the youth group sleep-overs. Roger taught me how to drive when I was 15 in his sister's 1965 white Camaro. Hanging out with Roger I had my first drink of alcohol at a Willowbrook High School basketball game. We hung out at Tony's on Ardmore in Villa Park and he introduced me to a group of guys I still keep in touch with. He followed his dream and went to California to work in the movies and actually has his name in the credits for some well-known movies - Major League and Ed Wood. I'll miss you Rog.

1 Comments:

Blogger SeanCampbell said...

I just found out about the passing of Roger Meryett. I am so sad that I never got to say goodbye. He was like a second father to me growing up. Roger and his family were all so good to me and I regret never getting to tell them. I will always thank Roger and his wife and kids for being so good to me. Love Sean

10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter script