Name:
Location: Illinois, United States

The days are just packed. Every day is an adventure. Life is good.

Sunday, September 02, 2007

Driving Practice

I took my oldest son out for driving practice this morning in my old Buick LeSabre. That's probably the car he will be driving when he starts driving. He has his learning permit and is taking driver's education at school. The driver's Ed teacher took him out on the road last week and he didn't think he was ready. He really had only driven once before in a parking lot at the high school in Saugatuck and that time he didn't use the accelerator. I asked him last night if he wanted to go out early (6:30 a.m.) this morning. On Sunday mornings the roads are empty. He wanted to sleep in. When I got home from Mass at 10:00 a.m. I asked him again. The third time I asked him he agreed. He has to have 50 hours practice before he can get his license. We drove around our neighborhood for an hour. He practiced his turning and backing up. He did a great job the first time out. He was getting more and more comfortable and confident as we drove.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter script