Name:
Location: Illinois, United States

The days are just packed. Every day is an adventure. Life is good.

Saturday, November 05, 2005

More Book Lust

I finished reading "More Book Lust" by Nancy Pearl. It gave me some ideas for books to read. How cool is it to have a job reading books and make money selling books about it. Where do I sign up? Some authors she mentions who I haven't read - Bill Bryson, Lee Child, Peter DeVries, Michael Malone, Betty MacDonald, Walter Mosley, Stephen Potter, Mark Salzman, Carol Shields, Nevil Shute, Neal Stephenson, Barbara W. Tuchman and Jonathan Weiner. She turned me on to Frederick Busch last year when I read her first book "Book Lust." She gave me more than enough ideas for the next year. Sometimes I'm just overwhelmed and can't figure out what to read next and other times I have three or four books waiting to be read. I know I will never read every book I own.

I went to the annual book sale again at our library. I got there a few minutes early and you would think it was a world premiere or something. The bookbuyers had their bags lined up by the doors waiting for them to be unlocked. It wasn't as bad of a feeding frenzy as last year. The collectors really work fast. Bing bang and they already have 20 to 30 books. I ended up only buying two books again this year and encyclopedia on the Chicago Cubs and a paperback book for my sons. I spent $3.25. I almost bought a copy of "Angels and Demons" for $.50 but the pages were falling out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter script