Name:
Location: Illinois, United States

The days are just packed. Every day is an adventure. Life is good.

Monday, October 31, 2005

A Day Off

I called in for attendance and took a personal day off today. My oldest son was in his last Halloween parade at school and they did a short show around a theme. The whole eighth grade dresses up to a theme and this year it was Shrek. I didn't want to miss it. He started the whole show by climbing up and saying "Hi-Ho" and then his classmates came out on their knees dressed as the seven dwarfs. He looked very dapper as a musketeer from the three musketeers with two of his friends - Nick and Wayne. My youngest son was a guy riding an ostrich. I went to their first few Halloween parades when they were younger. There are some really original costumes. We took both vehicles in today for oil changes and I cut the grass, maybe for the last time? I also was able to take a nice long afternoon nap. What a luxury. After school I took my youngest son around the block trick or treating. There weren't many kids out because it was drizzly. He got a lot of candy - three bowls full. We only had one trick or treater at our house and had two large bags of candy left over. It was a great Halloween.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter script