Name:
Location: Illinois, United States

The days are just packed. Every day is an adventure. Life is good.

Friday, October 21, 2005

GuessWho

I watched the movies "GuessWho" http://www.sonypictures.com/homevideo/guesswho/title-navigation-2.html and "Lemony Snicket's A Series Of Unfortunate Events."
http://www.unfortunateeventsmovie.com/main.html They were both very good movies. I wish I had seen "Lemony Snicket" http://www.lemonysnicket.com/index.cfm at the theatre. "GuessWho" had a lot of racial humor and was pretty predictable. The Lisle Public Library had their annual book sale that I stopped to check out right after work. It was kind of disappointing. I ended up only buying two paperback books - "Friday Night Lights" and "Whiskey Sour" and spent $.50. On the way out I passed the library's DVD section and they had a bunch of movies, new releases I haven't seen including the two above. I got my library card set up to use at their library and checked them out. When they called my library I told the librarian I was one of my libraries best customers. A mystery author is going to be at the Lisle Library next week and I plan to go so it will get me back there to return them.

Synopsis "GuessWho"

When Theresa (Zoë Saldaña) brings fiancé Simon Green (Ashton Kutcher) home for her parents’ 25th wedding anniversary, she’s neglected to mention one tiny detail - he’s white. Determined to break his daughter’s engagement, Percy Jones (Bernie Mac) does everything he can to make Simon feel “apart” of the family, from running his credit report to locking him in the basement at night. But when Percy gleefully exposes Simon’s most embarrassing secret, it leads to an outrageous series of comic complications that only goes to prove that with a dad like Percy Jones, father doesn’t always know best.

Synopsis "Lemony Snicket's A series Of Unfortunate Events"

The Baudelaire siblings are likable and clever. Violet (Emily Browning), age 14, is one of the greatest young inventors the world has ever known. Her brother Klaus (Liam Aiken), age 12, is a reader and researcher of extraordinary knowledge and skill. And their baby sister Sunny has sharper teeth than most beavers. Unfortunately, none of this can alter the fact that after their parents perish in a terrible fire, the Baudelaires are placed in the care of Count Olaf (Jim Carrey), a man who is either a demented evil genius or an egomaniacal actor. Aided by a troupe of theatrical misfits, he hatches one outrageous plot after another to get his hands on the orphans' vast inheritance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter script