Name:
Location: Illinois, United States

The days are just packed. Every day is an adventure. Life is good.

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

A Christmas List

A CHRISTMAS LIST

I have a list of people I know, all written in a book

And every year at Christmas time I go and take a look

And that is when I realize that these names are a part

Not of the book they’re written in, but mostly of my heart

For each name stands for someone who has crossed my path sometime

And in that meeting they’ve become the rhythm of the rhyme

And while it sounds fantastic for me to make this claim

I really feel I am composed of each and every name

And while you may not be aware of any special link

Just meeting you has shaped my life more than you might think

For once you’ve met somebody, the years cannot erase

The memory of a pleasant word or of a friendly face

So never think my Christmas wish is just a mere routine

Of names upon a Christmas list, forgotten in between

For when I send a Christmas card that is addressed to you

It’s because you’re on that list of people I’m indebted to

For I am but a total of the people I have met

And you happen to be one of those I prefer not to forget

And whether I have known you for many years or few

In some way you have had a part in shaping things I do

So every year when Christmas comes I realize anew

The biggest gift that life can bring is meeting friends like you.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter script