Name:
Location: Illinois, United States

The days are just packed. Every day is an adventure. Life is good.

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Salute 5K On The Tollway


My oldest son ran in the Salute 5K On The Tollway. We took a shuttle bus from Loew's Theatre in Woodridge and were dropped off at the 127th Street entrance to the new extension to the I-355 Tollway. We walked around all the promotional tents and picked up a lot of free pens and stuff. We hung around the announcers stage while they introduced all the tollway people and construction people. Andy Avalos the Channel 5 weatherman was there and so was Steve Downes from WDRV. The race started at 11:30 a.m. My son came in 19th out of about 2500 runners and walkers. I walked with my youngest son about a mile down the course and then we walked back when the first runners started coming in. It was a cold cloudy windy day and the last part of the race was uphill against the wind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter script