Name:
Location: Illinois, United States

The days are just packed. Every day is an adventure. Life is good.

Friday, October 19, 2007

Nick Hornby


I went to a reading and booksigning by Nick Hornby for his new book "Slam" at Border's Books in Oak Brook. I sat near the front and asked the first question when he finished his reading. I asked him where got the idea for the story. He said he saw a young couple pushing a baby in a stroller. I also asked him what made him write a book for young readers. He said it didn't start out that way. I always enjoy going to the readings and hearing the authors talk about their creative process. After the reading and questions and answers they had a drawing for an autographed Tony Hawk skateboard and I won it. I was first in line for my books to be signed and told him I had actually met Tony Hawk. I've read all Nick Hornby's books except this new one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter script