Name:
Location: Illinois, United States

The days are just packed. Every day is an adventure. Life is good.

Friday, March 03, 2006

Lunch Walks

On Ash Wednesday I started taking a walk at lunch. Each day of Lent I plan to go for a walk during lunch. The first three days I walked the long circular path at Oldfield Oaks Forest Preserve. It takes about 35 minutes, about two miles. The first day the weather was unseasonably warm in the mid-40's and I only saw one other walker. The forest preserve workers just completed a controlled burn and there were black areas everywhere. It smelled like a campfire. The second day was cold mid-20's and there were snow flurries. The one bonus was I saw over 15 deer eating in a grassy area in the northwest part of the preserve. They looked at me like what are you doing here? I didn't see any other walkers. The third day was warmer and the skies were clear blue. I saw four other walkers. After my walk I stop at home for a drink and to use the washroom and then head back to work. It really breaks up the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter script