Name:
Location: Illinois, United States

The days are just packed. Every day is an adventure. Life is good.

Friday, November 11, 2005

Sideways

I checked out the DVD and finally got to see the movie "Sideways" last night. It was good but it wasn't as funny as I thought it would be. On the DVD case it said "Best Comedy of The Year." Virginia Madsen was hot. It dragged in a couple of areas but it was a good story. One part where they tried to crash the car really had me laughing. The ending left me hanging. I imagine there are people out there who are into wine that much. I would never be able to drink that much wine. I think back to the time I visited Napa Valley and visited four or five wineries - Christian Brothers, Robert Mondavi and some others. It was scenic driving past the vineyards and it's a beautiful area of California. I can remember feeling pretty good after only a couple of tastings.

Synopsis

A wine tasting road trip to salute Jack's (Thomas Haden Church) final days as a bachelor careens woefully sideways as he and Miles (Paul Giamatti) hit the gas en route to mid-life crises. The comically mismatched pair, who share little more than their history and a heady blend of failed potential and fading youth, soon find themselves drowning in wine and women (Sandra Oh and Virginia Madsen). Emerging from a haze of pinot noir, wistful yearnings and trepidation about the future, the two inevitably collide with reality.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter script