Name:
Location: Illinois, United States

The days are just packed. Every day is an adventure. Life is good.

Saturday, September 03, 2005

Door In The Floor

I watched the DVD of the movie "Door In The Floor" last night. It was based on a book I read a while ago by John Irving - "A Widow For One Year." Jeff Bridges played an author and Kim Basinger played his wife and it really followed the book. It seemed familiar while I was watching it and I didn't fully realize it until I watched the special features at the end. His books make good movies. I still have to see "Simon Birch" based on "A Prayer For Owen Meany" and "The Hotel New Hampshire." I enjoyed both the books and the movies "Cider House Rules" and "The World According To Garp."

I have a first edition of "Cider House Rules" signed by John Irving.

Synopsis

Ted Cole (Jeff Bridges), a famous children's book author, and his wife, Marion (Kim Basinger), find their marriage unravelling after their two sons die in a car accident. When Ted hires a personal assistant who looks exactly like one of their sons, Marion finds herself drawn towards the boy in more ways than one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter script