Name:
Location: Illinois, United States

The days are just packed. Every day is an adventure. Life is good.

Sunday, March 20, 2005

First Day of Spring

Spring. It's on it's way. Yesterday morning it felt like it was here and then it cooled down. Today the sun peeked out a couple of times and I even had to put on the sunglasses driving. I'm sitting here reading the Sunday Chicago Tribune www.chicagotribune.com and listening to "smooth jazz" WNUA www.wnua.com. I just spent some time and went back and reviewed my blog. Next week will be my six-month 'blogiversary.' I can't believe it. I'm glad I started putting stuff here in my 'internet filing cabinet.' I actually look forward to it. Some days I don't know what I'm gonna post. I want it to be positive and things I wouldn't mind my family seeing. I've finally started giving out my blog address to a few select people. (You know who you are.)

I got away from keeping track of the books I've been reading. I just finished "The Richest Man In Babylon" by George S. Clason. It was recommended to me a long time ago. It suggests you live below your means and pay yourself first - 10% of everything you earn. It offers you an understanding of and a solution to your personal financial problems that will guide you throughout your life. I recommend it to anyone burdened by debt or unable to save. Luckily I have always been a good saver and have put 10% or more away for the future since I started working. The best thing ever offered by employers was the 401(k) plan. It allows you to have that '10%' taken out of your paycheck before you feel it and invest it. You'd be amazed at how you can survive and get by with 10% less. It's a philosophy that can really help a lot of people.

Yesterday I finished my online course for continuing education for my C.F.P. (Certified Financial Planner) My continuing education requirement is good now for another two years. I received my C.F.P. back in 1988. I had won a some money on the lottery and wanted to put it to good use so I invested it in myself. It took 6 courses followed by a three hour test over two years. When I finished I went to the graduation ceremony for the College of Financial Planning in Denver.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter script